PREPARING FOR YOUR BABY’S PHOTOSHOOT
Firstly congratulations on the arrival of your beautiful baby, It’s a very exciting time
Thank you for choosing Mandy J Photography to capture these beautiful memories of your precious baby that I know you will treasure always. I want this to be an enjoyable, relaxed experience for you so sit back, relax and enjoy this special time.
Your Baby’s photo session can take between 2-3 hours depending on how settled baby is, so please allow plenty of time on the day. There are a few basic things I ask all parents to do to prepare on the day.
· Try to ensure baby has a full belly for the session so that they are nice & sleepy. If they need to be topped up once you arrive, this is perfectly fine as we want you and baby to be as relaxed as possible. You may find that during the session baby will need to be fed again to keep them well settled ; nothing better than a milk drunk baby!. If your baby uses a dummy, please bring one or two along with you.
· Dress baby in clothing that buttons or zips up and that doesn’t need to be pulled over their head as this also disrupts their sleep. The more we can do in advance to ensure a settled baby, the smoother the session will flow.
· I have many newborn wraps, outfits & bonnets etc, however if there is a particular outfit you would like in some of the photos please feel free to bring it along and I will do my best to include it. Likewise if you have a particular Teddy Bear or other sentimental item, please bring it along also.
· Some of the photos will be without a nappy; please ensure you bring several nappies with you. I have a change mat & wipes available in the studio.
· It’s really helpful if you can let me know beforehand any colour preferences so that I can have the studio ready in advance, this can be submitted online through my website. Remember these are your memories so I want to make sure they suit your tastes & home decor
· The studio will be kept at around 24 degrees in order to keep baby nice & warm, so please dress in layers so that you don’t get too uncomfortable.
· If you have other children/toddlers that will be included in the photos, it is best if you can have another adult with you as the children tend to get bored & restless. I usually suggest that once the sibling photos are complete the children be either taken home or to a local park to minimise their boredom and to provide a quiet environment for baby.
Most importantly, I want the session to be a relaxed experience for you and will do everything I can to make it enjoyable.
IT IS VERY IMPORTANT THAT YOU ARRIVE ON TIME FOR YOUR SESSION AS I WOULDN’T LIKE TO HAVE TO CUT YOUR SESSION SHORT DUE TO ANOTHER CLIENT BEING DUE. IF FOR ANY REASON YOU ARE DELAYED PLEASE CALL ME AS EARLY AS POSSIBLE.
If you have any questions at all please feel free to contact me on 0425814357.
Thank you for involving me in this beautiful experience.